Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Breakthrough!

Today's regularly scheduled blog post (which will be posted tomorrow and will be outstanding!) has been interrupted with some important news...

It happened.

And I have Dora the Explorer to thank for it.

My wife came home yesterday with a Dora potty (actually it was just the seat part - you know, the kind that you just put on top of the regular potty). It even made cheering noises when you push the side of it! Caylah was so excited to have it that she sat on the thing for about 20 minutes last night - nothing happened, but she wanted to sit there, nonetheless.

So, this morning (of course, after I'd already left and my wife is trying to run out the door once the babysitter had arrived) Caylah announced that she had to go pee-pee on the potty. AND SHE DID!!

Not wanting to miss celebrating this momentous occasion, I immediately called the babysitter from my office, and had her put Caylah on the phone. And, very loudly, I cheered, "Yay for pee-pee on the potty!!!"

And, yes, I think my entire department heard. And no, I don't care.

This is daddy-hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment